Monday 23 March 2015

Julien Macdonald 'Grunge deluxe' Recreation

In our first make up lesson for the second half of our project we was asked to choose an image out of those provided and recreate the exact look. I had no trouble choosing the grunge deluxe by julien macdonald as the 90s grunge era is my absolute fave!


                                                        
Some info on this look 


  • inspired by Marilyn Manson 
  • This look was about creating a flawless base , contour and highlight
  • eyes black/grey , shadow was blended from the lash line to the brows for a boyish look
  • The disheveled hair suggested a night of partying casually pulled back into a french twist ponytail, leaving shards of hair hanging across the face. 




This is my version of the look.

Make-up 
To achieve this look I started by creating a flawless base, applying the models Mac foundation making sure I blended well. 
I used the sleek eyebrow palette to fill in her brows then messing them up slightly with a mascara wand.
To do the eyes i used my sleek au natural eye-shadow in black and applied like I would liner, I then took a cotton bud and some Vaseline and began bringing the eye-shadow up creating the shiny blended look seen in the photos.  

Hair 

To create the hair i simply seperated the fringe from the back section and took the back section into a french twist, I then wetted my hand slightly and began scrunch the models fringe to create movement. 



No comments:

Post a Comment