Sunday 22 March 2015

Great expectations project evaluation

In the first half of this project we were asked to create a look for Miss Havisham which we would be able to create again. When I first started my research I began to realize that the Victorians wore little make-up and I began to worry that I wouldn't be able to make my look stand out. As I furthered my research I had ideas come to me easily? What I was worried about the most was recreating the look the exact same, especially the hair. I realized that the Victorians had so many different hairstyles so I had a lot of variety. I started with hair first and had to take into consideration that my partner who I would be doing my look on had a short full fringe, I realized there wasn't much I could do with her fringe so I went with a curly fringe that was popular in the mid-18th century. When It came to make-up I wanted her to look old and haggard so I went with a pale base, red sore eyes and a grey contour. When it came to the first half of the assessment I wasn't that nervous and felt like I did quite well, I even finished quite early! The second half of the assessment is what worried me as I needed to make the look exactly the same. In the end it went quite well and I could only see slight differences. Overall the project went very well all though I was quite worried at the start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment