Saturday 18 April 2015

Claudia hair.

The 60's is famous for the classic beehive, the fringe and ponytails!
considering that Claudia lives in a asylum I only assume that she will not have access to the latest  beauty products so in reality she looks like a mess.

my model has short blonde hair with a full fringe. I can work the fringe to an advantage as it was very popular in the 60's.

I decided to google for some images of 'crazy' people to see what sort of hair they may have. I also researched the characters from the series to see how well(or unwell ) kept their hair was.


Watching the video above everyone seems to have incredible bedhead hair when kept inside the asylum.


  
http://www.vanityfair.com/unchanged/2013/01/american-horror-story-recap-gore-dries-up-aliens-go-awol

This image from vanity fair shows sister Jude Martin (jessica Lange) when she was declared crazy and was sectioned. As you can see by looking at her hair its messy with a natural curl.
I think i could achieve this sort of natural mess by letting my model go to bed with bed hair in a towel.


Another Thought I had I that if Claudia was fairly new to the asylum she would still have the hair and make up that she had the days she was sectioned.  I later realized that all patients at briar cliff go through a cleansing stage where they are stripped naked and washed clean! so maybe not!


No comments:

Post a Comment